We worship Christ in everything we do but corporately we achieve this during our weekend services. As a church we reach others for Christ by the way we live and speak. Those who attend experience firsthand how we exalt Christ through worship and praise, and are often moved to take the next step. Though this process, the Lord is constantly adding to our numbers those who are being saved. By faithfully worshiping Christ, we can expect to see a weekly renewal of member commitment to Him, a growth of relevant services, and decisions being made for Christ.
As a church we are living and learning the Word of God. It is transforming us, our families, our communities and our church into more fully devoted followers of Jesus. Fulfilling our task of maturing church members involves teaching, training and turning people loose to do ministry both in and out of the church.
As a church we are making a difference in our neighborhoods, city and world through acts of compassion and service by becoming the hands and feet of Christ. We engage the culture but do not embrace it. That is, we get involved in our communities through social and service networks making a difference and an impact that creates a good reputation for Christ and His church.
What We Believe
- The Bible is God’s inspired Word and is the divinely authoritative standard by which Christians live. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- God is the Sovereign Creator of the universe and cares personally for man as his Heavenly Father. Isaiah 40:28; Jeremiah 1:5
- Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God who died for our sins, rose from the grave, ascended into heaven, and will someday return in judgment. John 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- The Holy Spirit dwells within each Christian as a comforter, counselor, and encourager, and gives gifts for abundant living and assurance for eternal life. Acts 2:38; Galatians 5:22-23; 1 Corinthians 12:11
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John 10:30; Genesis 1:26; Isaiah 45:5
- Man, because of his personal sin, needs to be made whole and restored to fellowship with God through Jesus Christ. Romans 3:23-24; Romans 6:23
- Anyone can be saved by trusting in Jesus as Savior and Lord and validating that faith through personal repentance, public profession, and water baptism by immersion. Ephesians 2:8; Acts 2:38
- The Church is the body of Christ composed of all born again believers around the world. It is identified locally by ministering congregations, such as Sunnyside. Acts 2:47; John 12:32; Ephesians 4:11-16; Matthew 28:18-20